I love taking photographs on my iPhone. there are so many incredible apps that allow you to express your creativity and make your photo uniquely yours. usually I run my images through a few apps before posting them to my instagram or making prints. here are my 5 favorite photo editing apps for creatives!
1. mextures. this app is so damn pretty. there are tons of light leaks, gritty and grainy film textures, dusty vintage film scans, and more. mextures is the most advanced out of the apps below, but once you get the hang of it it’s incredible. you can go a little cray with this program, but I always remind myself ‘less is more’, you can turn down the opacity of any textures or filters you use.
2. VSCO cam. not only can you edit photographs with their simple workflow, but VSCO grid connects you other creatives, and allows you to view their latest images in your feed. I used to spend countless nights burrowed away in the darkroom, so I’m stoked the folks over at VSCO have really rocked the film-emulations.
3. afterlight. frames, textures, and filters. this app is simple and easy to use — allowing you
to add layers and adjust contrast, highlights/shadows, and more.
4. PicFX. vintage and pre-mixed looks to edit your images. Picfx keeps it simple!
5. squaready – ok, ok I know this isn’t an editing app… but it does allow you to import your photographs into instagram without restricting them to the shape of a square. I use this for almost every photo I put up (sorry square — I still love you!).
I hope these apps encourage you to play after taking a photograph. I know us creative peeps like to keep it artsy. what apps do you use to edit photographs? leave a comment below, I’d love to hear! aloha, cadence